Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 5 NFL Picks

Before I make my picks for this week, let me just put a desire of mine out there. I want to see Christopher Moltisanti's Cleaver in actual production. It looks like it could possibly be the worst movie ever made. I think I'd probably enjoy this over a real life production of Aquaman.

I'll get on with Week 5 now.

(Home teams in CAPS)

BUFFALO over Cleveland
Cleveland plays its heart out and loses in overtime to the Bengals. Not exactly inspiring for the second coming of Derek Anderson. Losing Braylon Edwards can't help either. Give me a good game for Beast Mode himself, Marshawn Lynch

Dallas over KC
After watching Tony Romo make the Dallas offense look even more anemic than it probably is last week, it might be generous to go with a Cowboys win on the road. Only the fact that KC has absolutely nothing going for it right now is keeping Dallas's hopes alive for the season.

Minnesota over ST. LOUIS
I'm officially scared of the Vikings. And as my friend pointed out last week, it might be St. Louis who is now officially the worst team in football. If only KC and St. Louis went up head to head, it might be the most unpredictable game of the year.

NY GIANTS over Oakland
Oakland just keeps getting worse. After an inspiring first two weeks, Darren McFadden looks like he could be the biggest bust since Jamarcus Russel.... or is it the other way around?

EAGLES over Tampa Bay
While it should be a blowout, the Bucs have historically played the Eagles tough. Who knows what will happen with the reemergence of Donovan McNabb. Could it possibly be a game after the first half? I say yes. I think we'll see a healthy McNabb on the bench laughing about corny jokes as Kolb looks like crap in the fourth.

Pittsburgh over DETROIT
Not much to say here. Probably no Matthew Stafford and even with Kevin Smith playing like a fantasy hero, this shouldn't be close. The true test is whether or not the Steelers go blowout like the champs they are or if they play this one close to the chest.

CAROLINA over Washington
Probably close scoring, and potentially the second worst game of the week. Decent defenses with awful QB's doesn't sound promising. I'll take the home team with the better offense, if you can call it that.

BALTIMORE over Cinci
Cinci is looking good, yes. Baltimore is looking ferocious. Can't imagine this one is close after even a quarter.

Atlanta over SAN FRAN
This is why Atlanta acquired Tony Gonzalez. For when people pick San Fran to beat a contending sleeper. I think this is a week that San Fran doesn't show up. We haven't seen a Matt Ryan explosion and we are due for one.

Jacksonville over SEATTLE
Hasselback is... well, back. But it won't make much of a difference.

ARIZONA over Houston
Probably a shootout with the receives that these teams possess. Can't see anything less than a score in the high 20's.

New England over DENVER
Here's my question - what if Dallas isn't that good? Denver hadn't beaten anyone before the Cowgirls and this might be their first legitimate test. Kyle Orton vs. Tom Brady - I don't care if Tom Brady is 45 with one knee left, he cannot lose this game. Oh and Brian Dawkins, I think I hate you.

Indy over TENNESSEE
Time for the return of Vince Young. At least see what you have left in your first round pick, Titans. If not this week, it'll have to happen soon enough. Peyton Manning is out to prove something this year. Scary to think that he was hurt last year and won the MVP. Won't get to see much of this because the Phillies will be on. Go Phillies!

NY Jets over MIAMI
This will be a good game. But I won't be watching because the Phillies are on! Go Phillies!

Go Phillies!

Season: 42-20

1 comment:

Unknown said...

give me Oakland at St Louis to be the most unpredictable matchup.

Also random funny quote,
Today when announcing the highlights at halftime, CBS showed the play where Kyle Boller got hit and kinda threw the ball backwards and Jared Allen ran it in for a TD. the commentator announcing the play goes and i quote, "Watch this play, the rams are so bad you'd think they practice plays like this."
As Jared Allen is running in the endzone. I was dying