Saturday, October 3, 2009

Week 4 NFL Picks

Looks like I'm back to my Week 1 ways. 12-4 last week. That's the stuff of champs my friends. Onto Week 4, where it is never a good idea when you are HAPPY that your favorite team has the bye week. That's right, week 4 and we are already thanking the league for giving us our injury rest. Oye.

(Home team in CAPS)

CHICAGO over Detroit
Who called the Lions' first win in almost two years? Who was it again? Oh yeah - it was ME. Not that I think that success will carry onward to the windy city.

Cinci over CLEVELAND
As someone who would never bet on Marvin Lewis to win anything, it is hard for me to pick this man on the road. Yet against a team that thinks replacing their first round draft pick with a QB who threw three picks in one half is a good idea, I'll take Team Ochocinco.

INDY over Seattle
Looks like no Matt Hasselback again, not that it matters. Peyton Manning looks like he found a solid replacement for Anthony Gonzalez and they should be a shoe-in at home.

NY GIANTS over KC
Kansas City is officially the worst team in football over the past few years after Detroit won last week. Todd Haley stinks - the man ran the ball non-stop in the 3rd quarter down by 3 scores.

Baltimore over NEW ENGLAND
I'm doing it, I am finally off of the "I-will-pick-New-England-every-week-regardless-of-what-they-did-last-week-or-the-week-before-because-they-have-Belichick-and-Brady" bandwagon. I'm off (for now anyway). Baltimore looks plain scary. Flacco looks like a dark-horse MVP candidate and the defense looks flawless. Surprised this isn't a primetime game, no?

WASHINGTON over Tampa Bay
I REMEMBERED! Byron Leftwich! That's the starting QB for Tampa. I almost had to look it up again. Phew.

Tennessee over JACKSONVILLE
Mo-Jo-Drew can't really be this good can he? And the Titans can't really be this bad can they? Jeff Fisher needs to win this game to avoid a QB controversy between the "future hall-of-famer," Vince Young, and Kerry Collins.

Oakland over HOUSTON
Call me crazy, but then again I have no problem calling everyone who picked Houston to make the playoffs before the season started. Oakland will have to put it all together for a full game sooner or later, rather than just the glimpses that we have been witnessing.

NAAAAHLINS over NY Jets
Well... Mark Sanchez is looking pretty good. I'll admit it. This coming from the guy who said there would never be another good drafted QB after Rivers, Manning #2 (or 3?), or Roethlisberger. I see this being the meltdown of the Jets heralded defense. Look for a high scoring convincing win by the Saints. And by the way, that doesn't mean that I believe in the Saints. It means that I don't believe in the Jets.

Buffalo over MIAMI
Poor Chad Pennington. The kid has such a sweet name and his arm just can't live up to it. After such a horrendous start to the season, Chad Henne's first start should to little to quell the diehard's fears. The TO Show isn't looking deserving of popcorn just yet, but I think this week will change that.

SAN FRAN over St. Louis
San Fran continues to look like the real deal. If the Quarterback-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named didn't pull that throw out of his yoo-hoo then the niners would be sitting as pretty as can be. No Frank Gore might hurt them eventually, but not against St. Louis.

Dallas over DENVER
I'll give Josh McDaniels credit - he's right. The Broncos cannot be any better than 3-0 right now. I'm not saying that I'm putting my money on Romo to tear up what has been a stupendous Denver D, but... well I guess I am. Dallas wins convincingly.

PITTSBURGH over San Diego
This should be one hell of a game. I'm sure everyone in Pittsburgh is wondering how that final Carson Palmer drive would have ended if Troy Polamalu was playing and unfortunately for them they are going to keep on wondering for a few more weeks. That being said, Big Ben won't lose a home game against a rival AFC Qb picked 7 spots higher than him. Higher scoring than one would initially think though.

MINNESOTA over Green Bay
Yeah, it's a pretty fun matchup, but it won't compare to when The Quarterback-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named plays in Lambeau. If Minnesota can win when AP doesn't score a touchdown, we should probably be very scared indeed. Not looking forward to the media circus leading up to this game. I feel like we have been listening to this talk for the past two seasons as if this was inevitable.

Biggest winners though - the Philadelphia Phillies. Getting rested, healthy, and a home field advantage for the first round. 3 straight division titles.

Season: 33-15

1 comment:

Unknown said...

correction
the st louis rams are officially the worst team since the lions won